The EOS 5D Mark IV camera builds on the powerful legacy of the 5D series, offering amazing refinements in image quality, performance and versatility. Canon’s commitment to imaging excellence is the soul of the EOS 5D Mark IV. Wedding and portrait photographers, nature and landscape shooters, as well as creative videographers will appreciate the brilliance and power that the EOS 5D Mark IV delivers. Superb image quality is achieved with Canon’s all-new 30.4 Megapixel full-frame sensor, and highly-detailed 4K video is captured with ease. Focus accuracy has been improved with a refined 61-point AF system and Canon’s revolutionary Dual Pixel CMOS AF for quick, smooth AF for both video and Live View shooting. Fast operation is enhanced with Canon’s DIGIC 6+ Image Processor, which provides continuous shooting at up to 7.0 fps*. Built-in Wi-Fi®**, GPS*** and an easy-to-navigate touch-panel LCD allow the camera to become an extension of you. When quality matters, the EOS 5D Mark IV helps deliver results to inspire even the most discerning image maker.
30.4 Megapixel Full-frame CMOS Sensor
The EOS 5D Mark IV camera boasts a full-frame, high-speed CMOS sensor that’s ideal for a broad range of applications with its remarkable high-resolution abilities. Measuring approximately 36.0mm x 24.0mm, the same size and ratio as a 35mm film frame, it records 30.4 effective Megapixels at normal ISOs of up to 32000. It also captures incredible still and 4K video clips suitable for significant post-processing, retouching and cropping. Versatile in virtually all kinds of light and any shooting situation from print and wedding to full-bleed magazine spreads and other commercial or fine art use, the EOS 5D Mark IV consistently produces high-resolution 4K video and image files that are easily compatible with any number of diverse workflows.
A choice for Filmmakers!
The EOS 5D Mark IV is a remarkably capable video camera. Thanks to its impressive CMOS sensor and its high-speed DIGIC 6+ Image Processor, it can transition from taking still photographs to shooting videos in a near instant, capturing Digital Cinema (DCI) standard 4K (Motion JPEG) videos of 4096 x 2160 pixels at up to 30 or 24 fps*. Adding to its versatility, it also supports the 4K broadcasting standard of 3840 x 2160 pixels with slight trimming on the left and right sides. Featuring advanced Live View operation and brilliantly responsive Dual Pixel CMOS AF, theEOS 5D Mark IV has a touch panel display with focus points that can easily be selected during operation, and quickly confirmed by selecting and saving an 8.8-Megapixel image with in-camera 4K still frame grab**. Along with capturing beautiful 4K videos, the EOS 5D Mark IV is equally able to shoot Full HD video at up to 60p plus HD at frame rates as high as 120p, ideal for smooth slow-motion video. It also supports both MOV and MP4 formats for a variety of applications right out of the camera.
ISO 100–32000 (expandable to 50–102400)
Featuring an ISO range of 100–32000 (expandable to 50–102400), the EOS 5D Mark IV camera is incredibly well-suited for low-light photography. Its sensor has an improved S/N ratio plus an improved noise-processing algorithm to help deliver high-level light sensitivity along with its high resolution, with virtually no compromise in image quality. Whether working in a dimly lit auditorium, trying to capture the action at night, photographing at the fastest possible shutter speed or simply suppressing camera shake blur, the EOS 5D Mark IV has an extended ISO range that contributes to its ability to excel in nearly every situation it faces.
Summary of Canon EOS 5D Mark IV Features
- 30.4 Megapixel Full Frame CMOS Sensor
- 7 fps continuous shooting and silent shutter mode
- 4k 30fps video with 8.8 mp still frame grab, Full 1080p HD 60 fps, HD 720p mode at 120 fps
- Dual Pixel CMOS AF for responsive and smooth AF during video or Live View shooting
- Dual Pixel RAW
- Built-in GPS
- Built-in WiFi, NFC (Near-Field Communication)
- 3.2″ (81.1mm), approximately 1,620,000 dot Clear View II LCD monitor with full touch-screen interface, including selection of AF area
- DIGIC 6+ image processor
- 61-point High-Density Reticular AF II system (like 1D X Mark II) including up to 41 cross-type AF sensors, with EOS iTR, f/8 AF
- EV -3 AF sensitivity, EV -4 when in Live View mode
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR, 252 zone metering sensor for improved AE and AF precision
- Zone, Spot and AF Point Expansion focusing modes
- ISO 100-32000 with expansion up to 102400, down to 50
- Short 58ms shutter lag
- Flicker Mode adjusts shutter release timing to avoid flickering light issues
- Dual Memory Card Slots supporting one CF (UDMA Mode 7) and one SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-I) memory card
- Upgraded Transparent LCD viewfinder with 100% coverage
- Dual-Axis Electronic Level with dedicated viewfinder display
- Time-lapse Movie function
- EOS Integrated Cleaning System (EICS)
- Peripheral Illumination, Chromatic Aberration, Distortion and Diffraction Corrections in-camera along with DLO (Digital Lens Optimizer)
- Magnesium alloy body, shutter durability rated up to 150,000 cycles, improved dust and weather resistance
- Mirror Vibration Control System to reduce mirror vibration-caused blur
- Customizable Quick Control screen
- +/- 5 stops of exposure compensation
- Super Speed USB 3.0 for high-speed tethering and image/movie transfer
- In-camera Multiple Exposure and HDR modes, HDR 30 fps video
- Improved custom controls with built-in intervalometer and bulb timer